Attach tracking number to payment on hold?

5plat
New Community Member

I sold a hoodie today for $300 USD to somebody in Ireland. I got an email from PayPal that said that the payment is being held for being high risk. (This is my first time selling anything) I looked up what all this meant and it said that I could provide a tracking number and receive the money faster than waiting for it to be released in 2 weeks. I’d like to know how to attach a tracking number. The payment also doesn’t show up as pending in my account but I’m not sure if that’s because all of this just happened.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@5plat 

You could have been scammed. If payment for this hoodie appears no where in your PayPal account, then you did not receive payment and the email confirmation you received is fake as f***.

Check the email header or raw text in your email client to see if the email address and domain servers path is some random servers/emails. If so, you have been scammed and you shipped the hoodie to the scammer. Always check your paypal account by logging on when you receive any email that you received payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.