Assessing my paypal monies

Maki4
Contributor
Contributor

Good day,

I emailed paypal this morning because I was unable to add my bank account. The response email indicated that because my bank account is not from the US, it could not be added. Okay, no problem. But how then do I receive monies? 

If I add a VISA debit card to my PayPal account, will I be able to transfer monies directly from my PayPal account to my VISA debit card? Or, if my friend; who also has a PayPal account, was to send me monies from his/her PayPal account, would I receive it in my PayPal account? Moreover, can I then send this same monies from my PayPal account to my VISA debit card? 

Thank you again for your assistance!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maki4 wrote:

Good day,

I emailed paypal this morning because I was unable to add my bank account. The response email indicated that because my bank account is not from the US, it could not be added. Okay, no problem. But how then do I receive monies? 

If I add a VISA debit card to my PayPal account, will I be able to transfer monies directly from my PayPal account to my VISA debit card? Or, if my friend; who also has a PayPal account, was to send me monies from his/her PayPal account, would I receive it in my PayPal account? Moreover, can I then send this same monies from my PayPal account to my VISA debit card? 

That would mean your PayPal account is a US PayPal account, yes? PayPal accounts are country specific and not all countries have the capability to withdraw to bank locally, some only to US bank accounts, some only to cards and some only via check and some can withdraw to all options.

If you added an eligible debit card, you may withdraw to it for 1% fee, and you can certainly receive payments in your PayPal account if your account would be compliant with the new upcoming PayPal Cash/PayPal Cash Plus balance account policy taking effect on April 1 2019, otherwise the funds have to be withdrawn to the Visa debit card once you receive it as you won't be able to hold and use a PayPal balance in a plain PayPal personal account.

Hope this answers your questions.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-a-paypal-account-faq3996

P.S. If you receive an email from PayPal about the new policy, you would have been told that your personal PayPal account is going to be automatically transferred to a PayPal Cash Plus account and that means you can continue to hold a balance and use the balance like normal. If you are not automatically transferred, you can enroll in a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account. Any payment methods that you have already linked won't be affected.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maki4 wrote:

Good day,

That would mean your PayPal account is a US PayPal account, yes? PayPal accounts are country specific and not all countries have the capability to withdraw to bank locally, some only to US bank accounts, some only to cards and some only via check and some can withdraw to all options.

If you added an eligible debit card, you may withdraw to it for 1% fee, and you can certainly receive payments in your PayPal account if your account would be compliant with the new upcoming PayPal Cash/PayPal Cash Plus balance account policy taking effect on April 1 2019, otherwise the funds have to be withdrawn to the Visa debit card once you receive it as you won't be able to hold and use a PayPal balance in a plain PayPal personal account.

Hope this answers your questions.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-sign-up-for-a-paypal-account-faq3996

P.S. If you receive an email from PayPal about the new policy, you would have been told that your personal PayPal account is going to be automatically transferred to a PayPal Cash Plus account and that means you can continue to hold a balance and use the balance like normal. If you are not automatically transferred, you can enroll in a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account. Any payment methods that you have already linked won't be affected.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maki4
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.