Asking for my card details! - Anyone else?

Squash05
New Community Member
Dear XXXXX

You linked your debit or credit card to your PayPal account on . To make sure the card is yours, we made a small charge to it that you'll need to confirm (and we'll refund the money to your PayPal account when you're done).

The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. If you don't see the charge right away, don't worry - sometimes it takes a few days to show up. If you can't check your card statement online, check your paper statement when it comes in the mail (this can take up to 30 days). You will find the charge from PayPal with a 4-digit code.

Just seems strange asking for details. anyone else got the same?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Squash05 

That's not strange. It's part of the PayPal card confirmation process. This is how PayPal confirms you own the card and have access to the card account get this PayPal 4-digit code to enter into the PayPal Wallet page for the card so you can make payments with the card through PayPal. Just don't reply to the email with the code but log on to PayPal account, go to the Wallet page, click on the card, to enter the 4-digit code.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Squash05 

That's not strange. It's part of the PayPal card confirmation process. This is how PayPal confirms you own the card and have access to the card account get this PayPal 4-digit code to enter into the PayPal Wallet page for the card so you can make payments with the card through PayPal. Just don't reply to the email with the code but log on to PayPal account, go to the Wallet page, click on the card, to enter the 4-digit code.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.