Asking for another credit card on checkout.

Golden12
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified and i have both my checking account and debit card attached to my account. However when i go to purchase something it tells me to add another card (master card/discover card). I also have more than enough funds in my paypal wallet to cover the purchase. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Golden12,

The responses provided to you previously by our advisors are all possible scenarios. A merchant has the option in there Seller Preferences to choose what type of payment methods they may or may not accept.

A seller may request credit card payments only as these are guaranteed and it is an instant payment. Many merchants will request funds from a financial institution rather than the PayPal account balance and it is particularly common with merchants who offer Subscription/Billing Agreements.

Thanks,

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Golden12 wrote:

My account is verified and i have both my checking account and debit card attached to my account. However when i go to purchase something it tells me to add another card (master card/discover card). I also have more than enough funds in my paypal wallet to cover the purchase. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

You have a debit card linked, perhaps they need a credit card too simply for verification, not because you don't have funds in your wallet.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

in case something went wrong with this transaction and you don't have enough in your wallet ,then it will charge your credit card.

Login to Me Too

Golden12
Contributor
Contributor
I already have my bank account and my card linked tho. Plus it is only asking for a master card or a discover card only.
Login to Me Too

Golden12
Contributor
Contributor
I'm already verified tho. Plus it is only asking for two specific credit cards. A master card or a discover card.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Golden12,

The responses provided to you previously by our advisors are all possible scenarios. A merchant has the option in there Seller Preferences to choose what type of payment methods they may or may not accept.

A seller may request credit card payments only as these are guaranteed and it is an instant payment. Many merchants will request funds from a financial institution rather than the PayPal account balance and it is particularly common with merchants who offer Subscription/Billing Agreements.

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.