Are new debit cards that have been added to my account able to be used immediately?

cloud91
New Community Member

I'm trying to make a purchase online however I keep receiving multiple error messages such as "transaction cancelled", "card declined" "no match". I've checked everything about 100 times already (my bank balance, address details, etc), but everything is accurate 😞 I had to add a new card on to my account do the transaction, so I'm wondering if theres a waiting period before I'm able to make purchases with it? I've confirmed the card and email address as well. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cloud91 

There is no published waiting period but if you just activated it, its could be best to not take it to town on PayPal right away as it could be paypal's security model being extra sensitive.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cloud91 

There is no published waiting period but if you just activated it, its could be best to not take it to town on PayPal right away as it could be paypal's security model being extra sensitive.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.