App crashing: tried cashing check and need to verify my identity

mccannzr
New Community Member

Hello!

I am trying to cash a check using the PayPal app. 

I took pictures of the front and back of the check then it asked me to take pictures of my license to help verify my identity.

After taking the picture I click the "Use" button. The app then crashes.

I've already deleted app, rebooted phone, and reinstalled the app. I even contacted customer service in which they advised I am identified on their end, but the company that handles the checks, Ingo, does not have me verified. I called Ingo - the first time somebody answered, didn't say anything, and hung up. The second time somebody answered, didn't say anything, and put me back into the queue. I waited 15 more minutes until finally reaching someone who pretty much told me there's nothing she can do. 

I see others have had this issue. What did you guys do?

Thank-you in advance for anyone with info! 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @mccannzr. Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! The situation you've described with the app crashing is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! I hope the following is helpful.

Based on your description of the problem, uninstalling and re-installing the app is a standard troubleshooting step. Thanks for mentioning you did that. I also recommend checking the other apps on your mobile device to see if there's a compatibility issue.

Also, if there's a way to remove apps or files on your device (at least temporarily) to free up more space, that might be helpful. What you've described sounds like your device might not have enough memory to complete the steps required to complete the process.

If this doesn't help, please submit a ticket via PayPal's Merchant Technical Support website at https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US. I hope the situation is resolved soon, if it hasn't been already.

Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.