Anyone able to actually contact PayPal?

waningbliss
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone successfully been able to contact PayPal over the last day? When I try to call I get hung up on saying they don't have staff to take calls or when I use the online chat and ask to speak to a live agent I haven't been able to get a response at all. I need help ASAP. It's been almost 24 hours now since I first initiated contact on PayPal's live chat system, I haven't heard from anyone at all! I contacted eBay prior to contacting PayPal who have said they've released the funds, as both buyers have left feedback to confirm that their items have indeed arrived. I needed this resolved ASAP as one is due to expire on the 25th (today) and I don't particularly want to lose my money - and for some reason when I tried to click on the links I had been emailed to accept my transactions I am not able to do so as the link just redirects me to nothing. After speaking to eBay I have been informed they have marked the payments for release on their end. Please can anyone here give me some advice or help on how to fix this? One of these payments was meant to be released on the 16th or March and the other on the 24th.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@waningbliss 

Are you able to accept the money through your PayPal account instead of clicking the link in the email? Look for the transaction on the Summary page or Activity page. 

The 21 day hold and the accepting of the money are two separate situations.

If this is the first time you're receiving money, simply go to the “Summary” page, and click the Accept button next to the payment you’ve received. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

waningbliss
Contributor
Contributor
I'll have a look and see if I can find anythig you've mentioned. At the moment it tells me to contact eBay, which I have done three separate times now and each time they've informed me that they've manually released the funds, yet in PayPal's end it still says I have to contact eBay.
Login to Me Too

waningbliss
Contributor
Contributor
I've checked and cannot see any where for me to accept the payments. Just has a link for me to contact eBay. Thanks for the suggestion.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@waningbliss 

Was tracking number entered into the PayPal transaction itself?

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status.

Perhaps this will trigger PayPal to confirm delivery and release funds.

Or/then, ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: completed payments pending due to funds availability holds don't expire, they 'should' get automatically released to you in 21 days. I say 'should' because there can be delays. payments get returned only if the payment is pending as 'unclaimed' by you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.