cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express add card error

SOLVED
New Community Member

American Express add card error

Hello, when I try to add a American Express credit card, I'm getting an error telling me ,,Sorry, we can’t add this card. Please try adding a different card to your account., My CreditCard is valid, it works on other services, i'm paying with this card always. The bank told me that the card is working. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: American Express add card error

@Sandri8sen 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

However if you are US then does the name on your card match the name on your paypal account?

Does the billing address of the card match the address on your paypal account?

Did you confirm the card with the 4 digit code (think you said you did).

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Sandri8sen

If you already have opened your card to internet purchases and have money (about 1-2 USD) on the card, you may need to contact customer support as the system may be blocking you from adding it.

Esteemed Advisor

@Sandri8sen 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

However if you are US then does the name on your card match the name on your paypal account?

Does the billing address of the card match the address on your paypal account?

Did you confirm the card with the 4 digit code (think you said you did).

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.