Am I getting scammed by helping the seller contact paypal?

shane_pizza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I've recently purchased some shoes from Grailed off this lad who has a 4.5/5 star rating and he messaged me saying that the funds are held for 21 days (Paypal fund-holding policy), which was unusual considering hes had 17 reviews. He has already sent my package for delivery with photos showing the tracking information and number on a receipt, and I've even received an email with the confirmed tracking number. However he asked me to contact Paypal later in the day to call and tell Paypal to release my payment to him. However I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing to tell Paypal to release the funds to him while my item is still in transit.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shane_pizza 

NO !!!!

Funds are released when any tracking number he sent the item with shows the item as DELIVERED TO YOU + 1 day.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shane_pizza
Contributor
Contributor

However he told me that the item would arrive in roughly a week and that he wants me to call paypal to release the funds to him. As ive mentioned he is an experienced seller for 4-5 years and believed that he should receive his funds immediately. Is this okay?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shane_pizza 

Do what you like, I have given you my advice, take it or leave it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.