Am I doing something wrong or is PayPal's Customer Service the worst in all of human history

MMLawrence
New Community Member

This is incredible !  I tried to transfer $40 to my VISA card 4 days ago.  It didn't arrive and checked my PayPal account and it listed the transfer as "Pending". The same valid VISA that I have used for EVER !   I tried to find someone / ANYONE that was actually alive to help me clear this up but after many hours of trying to find a phone number on their website I decided to try that **Bleep** "Messenger" thing where they try to make you think your talking to a real person but you quickly realize it is simply a computer program.  So I waited to hear something back only to receive that same canned "pre-recorded" answer that did not apply to what was going on.  

Then after a bit of searching I found a phone number which ended up being a real treat. I sat on hold for close to 45 minutes. Then heard the phone ring like it typically does before someone answers and then .... silence for 3 minutes or so and then I was disconnected.  

This is literally the worst customer service I have experienced in a Very long time. Definitely the worst I have experienced in a United States based company. At least I think they are based in the US ?  Some 3rd world countries do have worse / Non-existent customer service departments but not by much.  

Considering that PayPal controls many millions of peoples finances and makes it almost impossible to speak to a real Live person to discuss such serious issues is sickening

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MMLawrence 

Pending just means that they haven't processed your payment to send to your bank account yet.

You got a random security check we all get from time to time.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316
All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.