All emails missing

Wally123456789
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, apart from how  ( bad Paypal is for getting to speak to someone who is human & you never get a straight answer from the automated system ) I have just had a right nightmare trying to cancel a payment to a wrong email address ( my fault completely) after several emails and finally getting a human to email me I had to explain they had stolen my money ( yes stolen ) they would not give it back to me for 30 days & kept telling me to cancel it ( this of course was impossible due to they do not put a cancel icon  ( just a do not delete icon ) on the payment that I sent wrong ) after this heated email with the ( you have stolen my money ) guess what within 24hrs they canceled the ( pending amount that I had sent wrong ) and credit my account, all well and good but all this hassle really they need to stop stealing people’s money ( reason they say 30 days to cancel is so they can keep your money & make interest on it ) & make it a lot easier to cancel a payment.

all that said and done, due to this recent battle with them they have now deleted all my emails & no matter how I try I can not get hold of them by email or any other way ( I can by phone but their stupid automated system will cost me over £10.00 which again they are ripping people of when it is their fault you have to phone them, I am sure this is illegal ) as they seemed to have barred me ( for sticking up for myself ) from emailing them, I will check to see if they have barred me from using my account later.

I CAN SEE THIS IS GOING TO BE A HUGE UPHILL BATTLE

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wally123456789 

Payments are pending for 30 days and marked as unclaimed BECAUSE sometimes sellers have not verified that email address or need to sort out an account problem to accept the funds, so they are allowed up to 30 days to do that.

You can only ''cancel'' a pending payment if the email address is non-existant and so would never be able to complete to a seller.

As for contacting customer services............

1. Phone number is FREE from a UK landline.

2. You can email.

3. You can use live chat.

4. You can send a personal message to customer services via Facebook.

5. You can send a personal message to customer services via Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.