After account limitation review, I got told by PayPal I could withdraw my money and yet I cannot.

GeorgeM96
New Community Member

Dear PayPal Community,

I was recently limited due to exceeding 2,500 Euros for one month recently and therefore, PayPal decided to freeze it temporarily.

After asking for my documents (I sent proof of phone bill that also contains address proof + my identity card), I received a respond after almost 2 weeks regarding the case.

Here's the e-mail(s) I received from PayPal system & a PayPal employee.
"
Hello XXX XXX ,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team
"

------- Employee response -------

"
Dear XXX XXX,

We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that you were under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. From now on, you can't send or receive money with this account.

If you've outstanding buyer complaints and you want to refund your customers, you can do so via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account.

To continue using our service, please open a new PayPal account. You'll need to use a different email address.

If you have a PayPal balance, you can withdraw it to your bank account.

If you want to use the same financial details on your new PayPal account, please remove them from the account.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and regret any inconvenience it may cause you.

Yours sincerely,
JM Lee
PayPal
"

My account is 8 years old, I created it when I was 15 or 16 years old, cannot recall really as I was starting programming services to help my family struggling financially.

I have no problem with PayPal closing my current account as I was underage when I created the account considering they allowed me to create a new account and use it with the same bank account.

However, whenever I try to withdraw my money, I get charged by PayPal up to 10 Euros fee per try and they get denied to my bank account and reversed back to my PayPal balance.

Dear PayPal, please consider making your system NOT charge your customers IF they are told by YOUR employee that we are ABLE to withdraw funds.

It is unprofessional to charge fee for a transaction from PayPal balance to personal bank account due to your mistakes, this is literally a scam and you should only charge fee if the transaction went through on 100% without it being denied by the system.

I also received an e-mail after an hour when I tried to withdraw my funds stating the following;

"

Why is your account limited?
We noticed that you've been using your PayPal account in a questionable manner. To understand this better, we need more information from you.
To help keep your account secure, please take action on your account.

We've also temporarily limited certain features in your PayPal account.

Currently, you won't be able to:
Send payments
Withdraw funds

What should you do?

"

Whenever I log to my account, there are no tasks to be performed whatsoever.

You have proof of address, phone billing (proof of phone), proof of bank account and my identity.

I have worked hard the past 3 months as I knew the CoVID-19 was going to backfire the economy and now I'm unable to support my family as you are holding all of my money which is not acceptable in my opinion.

Looking forward for assistance to this case.

Regards,
George

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.