Addional fees for payments on hold???

Asterson
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new seller so a couple of recent payments to me were placed on hold temporarily until shipment could be confirmed. No big deal, I get it. In the last 24 hours both payments have been released to me and in both cases Paypal released less than what I was owed. In the first instance I was short changed about $10 and in the second case about $7. Mind you this AFTER I already paid the regular applicable Paypal fees on sales. Why is Paypal taking more money from me after making me wait for my money in the first place?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asterson 

What I can think of is possibly foreign currency conversion. Its been a caveman's age since I dealt with receiving funds in foreign currency lol so procedures may have changed. Were you paid in foreign currency and it was held and then all the fees including conversion fees were taken out once the funds were released? Or, the sender's account was a non-US account so the cross-border fee rate was charged and you calculated the fee using the domestic rate. The cross-border rate is 4.4% + 30 cents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Asterson
Contributor
Contributor

No foreign currency. It's all from within the States. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Asterson

I can certainly understand how concerning an extra fee can be. I recommend reviewing details about the fees we charge. If you're still unsure what happened, you can reach out to us directly to look into this. You can reach out to us on our Contacts page, Facebook, and Twitter

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Asterson
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Tricia  I discovered what the issue is. When the money was finally released to me in addition to the standard fees Paypal also charged me the shipping costs for both sales even though I'd ALREADY paid for the labels via USPS. So I paid twice for shipping on both transactions. I've been sending messages explaining this for several days but the few replies I actually received don't indicate that they understand what I'm talking about...which is weird because the first reply I got about this issue actually specifically states that they took normal fees+shipping. That's how I discovered what happened.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.