Adding my account

robinepowell
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried a few times to add a new bank card and it doesn't work.  I even tried with a void cheque and still can't update my account.

The only thing I can think of is my CIBC bank is in another province from where I live.  Could have be the issue?  I can't think of anything else.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi robinepowell,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear that you cannot add your new bank card to your PayPal account. Which error message are you facing? In general, there may multiple reasons why our system may prevent you from adding a funding source to your account such as, for example, if that funding source is not active, if it has been refused by your financial institution or due to security reasons.

Firstly, I would recommend reaching out to your bank to see if your card can be linked to a PayPal account. Then, if the issue is not on their side, please clear cache and cookies, delete your browser history and wait for 48 hours to let the system reset. If this does not work, your best option would be to reach out to our Customer Service directly. 

If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

robinepowell
Contributor
Contributor
I will go to the bank tomorrow. I don't understand why ther isn't an option for debit. My card is a debit Visa, not just a Visa. Also why isn't CIBC in your list of banks?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.