Adding money instantly from debit card

Kaelawy
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried t do this before but it always says it takes a few day in Canada. Other people have told me they have there debit card linked to there paypal a d the funds can be added instantly. I don't have a credit card but either do my friends... They do it all with there debit card. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To add funds or top off your PayPal Account Balance, you can use either your bank account or GreenDot MoneyPaks.  If you're paying for something you have the option to pay with a credit or debit card.

Login to Me Too

Kaelawy
Contributor
Contributor
It does say that but you can't actually check out with a debit card. I clicked to check out with a debit card and the only options it gives me are credit cards.
Login to Me Too

sheilac
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen and can't seem to get past it. Did you get any responses ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andrea

Hi everyone,

Currently you can add funds to your PayPal account balance from a bank account; not a credit or debit card. Most major debit cards are able to be used in the PayPal system to instantly pay for an item. Especially if the card has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it.

While general information can only be discussed here, you can contact Customer Support either by phone or email. Additionally, you can use the social media options: via Twitter at @AskPayPal, or by sending a private message on Facebook for specific information about your PayPal account.

- Andrea

Login to Me Too

Valerieb1978
Contributor
Contributor
I swear I have used my debit card to add money instantly, as well as instantly transfer from my paypal to my bank account several times within just the past few months. Why is this not longer an option? It's redicuolous and makes paypal pretty useless
Login to Me Too

MQ1Reaper
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe @That answer had nothing to do with the question.

Read it again!

Login to Me Too

PorkCharSui
New Community Member

request money and use an alternitive email address that you have access to. after you open the email use the pay with card button. put in your credit card info.   This is not free but it does cost less than other options.

Login to Me Too

SheetGuy
Contributor
Contributor
Will the alternate email thing work even with the credit/debit card being under my name? I need to put money in my paypal asap and seems like your idea is best one but want to make sure it will go thru
Login to Me Too

bigfatlennie
New Community Member
Thank you this worked for me. It dies charge a fee but worked instantly kudos
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.