Adding money instantly from debit card

Kaelawy
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried t do this before but it always says it takes a few day in Canada. Other people have told me they have there debit card linked to there paypal a d the funds can be added instantly. I don't have a credit card but either do my friends... They do it all with there debit card. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Valerieb1978
Contributor
Contributor
I have both my bank account and my debit card linked already, my daughter needed money instantly on her account instantly but when she tried to transfer it on Jan 6, she got an estimated time of Jan 8. Her transfer cancelled on the 7th. Thinking it was because she used her account rather than her card I offered to transfer it. However, i could no longer find any option that would allow me to use my card to add money at all. Knowing that I have had previous problems sending, receiving and transferring money, but have never had any issues using PayPal to make an online purchase directly from my bank account via my linked debit card I told her to send me a request. I answered her request, made sure I chose the option to pay with my card and I still got an expected payment date of Jan, 14. This is redicuolous, and has made me question why I should even keep my account. Please if there any way at all to transfer money instantly???
Login to Me Too

Will62
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to do it because my pay pal balance was -$25.00. I than tried to add more money afterwards but it wouldn't let me. So the only way you can is to pay them what you owe them ?? go figure??
Login to Me Too

DirtyBird1
New Community Member
You can go to a rite aid or cvs with a barcode from the PayPal app. Have cashier scan it and then deposit cash instantly...
Login to Me Too

vivito
Contributor
Contributor

it seems that now is possible... but still not public available!?!

<removed>

Login to Me Too

toxinburn
New Community Member
Go to Walmart or other places like dollar general in app you can add cash instantly at those stores CVS Walmart Walgreens etc that's best way go to bank withdraw cash and in all bottom right click 3 dots tap Add cash at store and get a list of stores it will make a barcode for them and charge 3 bucks at Walmart cheapest rest are like 3-4 bucks but they scan barcode and you can deposit that way although last time I tried it wouldn't let me. System was down or something not sure.
Login to Me Too

chrisdiles
New Community Member
I had lost my debit card and wasn't able to get to my bank before closing. I needed cash ASAP. I requested "x" amount of dollars from a 2nd email address I had once set up with PayPal. I literally paid myself AND I got the money instantly into my main PayPal account. Then I was able to use my PayPal debit card. (I recommend everyone get one for free!) Such a valuable life hack! 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.