Adding money from bank account repeatedly fails

falconzinx
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to add funds to my Paypal balance for a week, but every time, it shows me a message saying "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us.", as shown below:

234567.png

Would the best way to fix this problem be to call Paypal's customer support number?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@falconzinx 

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Virtue37
Contributor
Contributor
Me too just a few minutes ago same message
Login to Me Too

Cathbird45
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried this but keep getting an automated service on about credit , waste of time
Login to Me Too

MarionBeet
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem myself this afternoon.

Login to Me Too

falconzinx
Contributor
Contributor

I found out the underlying cause of the problem.

After calling customer support, it was determined that logging in to Paypal from an IP address different than my home country (i.e.: using a VPN) would trigger a security flag / alarm on Paypal's end, which then caused my transaction requests to fail.

So I will do Paypal transactions from my own country's IP from now on.

Login to Me Too

Kinikini
New Community Member

So what if I moved countries? ie. I have the same add money failure, even though funds are in my bank acct. However I set up acct in USA then moved abroad, used it there, and now am back in USA trying to use it, but failing every time. advice anyone?

Login to Me Too

BrianPak48
Contributor
Contributor

Not solved!

Error message is "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

Does not work for me my account is in USA and I log in from USA.

Login to Me Too

BrianPak48
Contributor
Contributor

Appears to have been a temporary Paypal problem yesterday as I was successful this morning.

Login to Me Too

Virtue37
Contributor
Contributor
Just a few minutes mins ago today Wednesday 13th. I get this message There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us Can they reset or reboot, maybe there’s a bubble and it needs to burn? Or hiccup? On the paypal website. Not sure how PayPal technicians handles this stuff. This happen about 2 weeks ago too. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.