Adding funds with a Visa Gift Card.

Samalama
Contributor
Contributor

I've read lots of different topics on here, some saying you CAN add funds to your paypal account with a visa gift card. And some say you CAN'T. So which is true? Can you or can't you? IF you can, how? If not? Well why the heck not? I was given this card because I do a lot of online shopping, and so far its been completely useless because all the places i buy from are through paypal. All of the posts I've read thus far on this topic have furhter confused me, and I just want to get a straight answer.

-Thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Samalama
Contributor
Contributor

Wonderful to know Robot tongue 

Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Samalama,

You are very welcome! I am glad I could help.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

micutie
New Community Member

Hi Misty,

So according to what you replied, I can't not use American Express prepaid gift card to add money to my Paypal account, right? But can I use it to purchase stuffs on ebay and pay through Paypal?

And also I have some money in my balance but I don't want to use that money, I just want to use my cards ( debit/credit), do you know how can I do it? They always charge whatever i have in my balance first and if there's no more money in there they then charge in my cards later.

And if i can use gift cards to pay, do you know how can i combine a gifts card and a credit card to pay for somethinf if my gift card doesn't have enough money that required? I need those for buying on ebay.

Thank you so much

Mi.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello micutie,

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

You may not be able to add some pre-paid gift cards to a PayPal account which would also mean you can not use it to pay for items purchased on eBay using your PayPal account.

If you do not want to use the funds in your PayPal account you would first want to transfer the funds to a bank account (if you have one attached to your PayPal account). When using your PayPal account to pay for a purchase the PayPal balance will be used first and then the backup funding source.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

candyman3101

you can add any gift card to your paypal but first you have to call the cards number ask to change the card to your name and address then from their they use 1 to verify your account wchich takes 3-5 days to verify. only thing i havnt been able to figure out is how to withdrawl the money to send to a different paypal account.

Login to Me Too

candyman3101

you can add any gift card to your paypal but first you have to call the cards number ask to change the card to your name and address then from their they use 1 to verify your account wchich takes 3-5 days to verify. only thing i havnt been able to figure out is how to withdrawl the money to send to a different paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Cashcraft

Now i cant figure out how to transfer money from the card to the account. Is there a way to do this since i cant add paypal as a payee on my card account. so did i just waste 27 bucks or is there a way?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cashcraft -

No need to have the funds transferred - just make a payment, and we'll debit the card directly.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.