Adding an account to withdraw money

AmandaDee
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya, I have been refunded money from a company, however it has gone into my PayPal balance and not into my bank account like usual. I am trying to withdraw the money, but when I go to add my account I just get an error message saying it cannot be added at this time. This has been going on for days. Does anybody know how to retrieve our money? Emailed and called PayPal but just get an automated response.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmandaDee 

What account are you trying to add?

Bank account.

Debit card account.

Credit card account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AmandaDee
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass It is my Barclays debit card account which is what I use to pay for everything!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmandaDee 

Whilst you can use a debit card to pay for an item, you can't withdraw to a card in the UK.

You can only withdraw to a linked bank account setting up the direct debit mandate in your online banking (which you don't use if you don't want to use your bank account ...not card...for purchases).

The fact the refund went back to your balance and not your card means that either the seller 'sent' you a refund rather than using the 'refund' option OR they refunded after 180 days when the refund option had disappeared.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-from-paypal-to-my-bank-account-f...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-withdraw-money-from-my-paypal-balance-to-my-credit...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AmandaDee
Contributor
Contributor
It has been over 180 days! What happens now then? Just the next time I pay for something via PayPal it will come out of that balance rather than my bank account? Sorry for all the questions...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmandaDee 

It will do IF..........

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.