Adding a new bank account? Security Flag

jmarcus
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm six days and five phone calls into to trying to add a new bank account.  I have been a customer coming up on 20 years.  I recently switched my bank to HSBC, of which I have two checking accounts, I'm closing one of the accounts and trying to add my current account to PayPal and Venmo.  The most consistent answer I have gotten from support is to use a different bank account.  That's infuriating! How can this be an answer?

I have also been told I have to wait 48 hours before trying again.  I have been told it's my bank blocking the add to PayPal, they were perplexed by this and still made sure there weren't any blocks on the account.  I have also been told that my routing number can be added to a PayPal account, it's not on the banned list.

Again, I have been a customer for 20 years.  How is this so hard?  Is it impossible to escalate this issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rich

Hello @jmarcus,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm very sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time adding your bank. That is understandably frustrating. In situations like this, the only recommendation I can give you is to contact PayPal customer service directly. If you have called and a representative was not able to manually add the bank for you, there probably isn't much that can be done to resolve this issue. After confirming your ID over the phone or if you upload a bank statement and ID and request the bank to be added via email, a representative should be able to do it. The only situations where this may not be possible is if the bank is rejecting PayPal from adding the account, if the bank is linked to another PayPal account or on a limited PayPal account, or if the bank has been permanently disabled due to unauthorized use or being added and removed from the PayPal system more than 3 times. 

Any additional escalations would need to be requested over the phone. When speaking with customer service you can request a supervisor. You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

rndychn
New Community Member

Hi Rich,

I am also facing this problem of not being able to add my new bank account with Sutton Bank due to some undisclosed reason. Been on the phone a few times now over the past 72 hours trying to find out the reason why paypal refuses to add my bank. 

Do I have any other option other than to try adding it again every 48 hours when the system clears security flags?

Thanks,

Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.