Account type: "Checking"

Chelsiyuh
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! How do I change my Account Type? I've registered my debit card a week ago and it says that it's still "checking". Anyone knows how to change this?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_Darwin_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Chelsiyuh 

I hope all is well.

You will need to contact PayPal Customer Support to assist you in changing the Account Type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Chelsiyuh and @_Darwin_,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding the account type. When a bank account is added to your PayPal account, the account type refers to the type of bank account that you have, which would be either "checking" or "savings". It is not a temporary status. If the bank account is not specifically a savings account with limited transaction capability, then "checking" is appropriate. 

If you are adding a card, that would have to be added as a card, not as a bank account. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.