Account number and routing, Account balance

Long007
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use the routing number and account number which PayPal provided for me for direct deposit to pay for a credit card so it can take the money out of my balance?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Long007

If you're referring to the direct deposit account details provided for the PayPal Cash debit card and the PayPal Prepaid card, then no, those accounts details are to be used for employer and government deposits only.

PayPal partner Acorns is coming out with a checking account and debit card in November. With this account users will be to transfer funds back and forth from PayPal, and since it is a real checking account it will be able to used for the type of transactions you're inquiring about. I'll link details.

https://www.acorns.com/spend/

Login to Me Too

Long007
Contributor
Contributor
How the paypal account detail of the direct deposit for the paypal cash card work? If I am able to put money into my balance through that account number, so I should be able to withdraw the money through that account? number,?
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Long007

Those numbers are not for a real checking or savings account and should only be used for employer and government deposits.

If you try to initiate ACH withdrawals using those numbers and something goes wrong the funds could be missing for awhile, and whatever was being paid for could end up not getting paid.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.