Account hacked help!

evryn12
New Community Member

Someone Hacked my account and spent 691$ on something. Is there anyway I could get my money back or am I **bleep**/

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @evryn12,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your account. If you need to report any unauthorized activity through your PayPal account, you can do so through our Resolution Center. Here's a great Help Center article that can guide you through that process: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If you do not see the transaction in your PayPal history, we recommend contacting your funding source to see what options you have to report that transaction.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
I saw the comment below and they will do absolutely NOTHING! This PayPal nightmare ended for me. Only because I took this “identity theft” so seriously. I reported it to FTC (easy report, just google FTC) (maybe not necessary but i also reported it to my state attorney general office and IC3 since it’s a cyber fraud) i also contacted Equifax and placed identity protection incase hacker has more personal info than im aware of. I disputed the charge with MY BANK i really hope you didn’t just out money in your paypal and the payment actually went through your bank because my bank protected me and returned my money. But paypal decided to place this as a debt in my account. After this I went to the messaging center and i typed exactly this (I’m requesting a call I need to speak to someone about the debt and fraud that happened using my account) i was very persistent after this message with my replies and asked what phone number they will be calling from. they got back to me SAME DAY I explained EVERYTHING i did and how I was the one trying to stop this fraud and they did nothing i told them about all the reports i filled and immediately i get the we will re open the dispute you filled with paypal, it will take 10 business days. Not even 4HOURS go by and I received an email that they refunded the amount and debt is removed. PLEASE REPORT THIS TO FTC. Apparently they dont take this fraud seriously until you show them you will be taking legal action against it. Good luck and let me know if i can help with anything.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.