Account balance

Alilerae8264
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Can I use my linked bank account to just add some money to have on there to shop with? Does it take a long time to process?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alilerae8264 

It will take several days to add funds from bank account to PayPal balance. Instead you may select to pay with your linked bank account during checkout. If you link or already have linked to your PayPal account, a credit card, PayPal may send your bank payment as an Instant Payment (PayPal fronts money ahead to recipient and await funds to clear your bank), the credit card is used as back up funding source should your bank payment fails due to insufficient funds. 

*Note that if your bank has insufficient funds, your PayPal account will go in the negative and PayPal may make 2 more attempts to get paid (overdraft bank fees may apply unless you add funds to your bank account asap) before tapping your credit card so ensure you have the funds before making purchase. PayPal will continue represent payment to your bank even if you added funds to your PayPal in a separate transaction to zero out the PayPal balance so it is best to add funds to your bank account instead so when another attempt is made, PayPal can debit the funds and you won't have to replenish funds twice although one payment will be taken, the second will end up in your PayPal balance if zeroing out balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alilerae8264
Contributor
Contributor
Oh ok I see, thank you so much! I personally was wanting a certain amount off of my bank card though to have elsewhere to spend. So would that be the only solution u think? (Wait several days?) I appreciate ur help and assistance with this 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.