Accidentally used my card number instead of account number for money transfer

jhon_lavaseats
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I’m need of help. When going to withdraw funds from my Paypal account and into my bank account, I entered the incorrect info! It asked for my account number, but I was confused and entered my card number (which is NOT my account number), yet the transaction still went through, meaning the money was sent to my CARD NUMBER and not the ACCOUNT NUMBER. The transaction now says “complete”, but the money isn’t in my account. The money is my salary so I really need it back. Will it return automatically? Is it gone for good due to my mistake? Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhon_lavaseats 

Philippines PayPal have card withdraw so it will go to the account of the card. Don't freak out just yet. Allow 5-7 days for card to post funds since PayPal completed your request to transfer. If its been 14 days and don't see funds, contact customer service to trace the transfer:

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (PH): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhon_lavaseats 

Philippines PayPal have card withdraw so it will go to the account of the card. Don't freak out just yet. Allow 5-7 days for card to post funds since PayPal completed your request to transfer. If its been 14 days and don't see funds, contact customer service to trace the transfer:

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (PH): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalPhilippines/

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

jhon_lavaseats
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome! Thank you so much! I already went to the bank my card is enrolled in and ask them about it but they told me to contact Paypal instead. Will the bank be able to trace the transaction with my card number since it’s enrolled in their bank?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhon_lavaseats wrote:
Awesome! Thank you so much! I already went to the bank my card is enrolled in and ask them about it but they told me to contact Paypal instead. Will the bank be able to trace the transaction with my card number since it’s enrolled in their bank?

If the bank can't trace it, contact PayPal to trace it.

Login to Me Too

jhon_lavaseats
Contributor
Contributor
Alright. Thanks so much!
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@jhon_lavaseats how long did you get your money back? Did it bounced back already?
Login to Me Too

jhon_lavaseats
Contributor
Contributor
It took a month for the money to come back and they also had a fee of $5.00 for the reversal of the money back to my paypal account.
Login to Me Too

Rudy0907
Contributor
Contributor

Hi John, is it exactly one month since the fund was reversed or more than one month? This happened to me also. I am old and my missing fund is still missing or floating for more than 1 month.

My bank is asking me for a remittance number but when I ask Paypal about this they are not giving me any. My bank is BPI

Login to Me Too

Eagleman1021
Contributor
Contributor
Was there any instance that the money still got applied despite the card number being used instead of the account number?
Login to Me Too

jhon_lavaseats
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. It will apply. But,the money will be “floating”. It will not appear on your account. But it will bounce back to your paypal account since the money will have nowhere to “land”(your account number).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.