Accidentally set up transfer from my Chime account which currently has no money

thepenguin55
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. As the title says I accidentally set up a money transfer from my Chime account which currently has no money to my Paypal. Since it looks like there's no way to stop this can I just get some reassurance that my Chime account won't be overdrawn by $1,000 as a result of me not paying close enough attention to which bank I had selected? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Mariaed741
Contributor
Contributor

Just a FYI Chime and Paypal will not work together and won't work together. So no worries bc they can't transfer together and Chime doesn't pay unless money is in there. No no overdrawn issues either.

Login to Me Too

thepenguin55
Contributor
Contributor
Interesting. So I’ve read some stuff about PayPal and Chime not playing nice together. Thanks for the reassurance!
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Can you provide more information about Chime and PayPal not being compatible?  I have a Chime and MOVO account and wanted to drop one. They both claim that you can load funds from PayPal at no cost. 

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Chime emailed me and said:  “As a matter of fact, you can easily link your Chime Spending Account to PayPal using your account number and routing number. You can find your account number and routing number on the settings page of your Chime app.”

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.