Accepting Money

JamesTheGoat
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I haven been sent money but for some reason it is making memake a "paypal cash" account, and Its asking for a picture of my SSN card... This has never happened before and im a little worried why this is happening? I cant accept the money unless I do it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesTheGoat 

Provide the information. It's a new PayPal account policy going forward in order to park funds in the PayPal balance and use it. 

See info here:

recent user agreement and policy changes to personal accounts

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesTheGoat 

Provide the information. It's a new PayPal account policy going forward in order to park funds in the PayPal balance and use it. 

See info here:

recent user agreement and policy changes to personal accounts

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JamesTheGoat
Contributor
Contributor

Ok Thanks alot!

Login to Me Too

1000hands

I have the same problem but I dont know how to do.

I use my paypal account for online payment. sometimes I use the ebates for cash back. and the ebates will send me my cash back balance to my paypal account.

I can get my money in my paypal balance everytime.

but now  it is making me make a "paypal cash" account, and Its asking for a picture of my SSN card...  I cann't accept the money unless I do it.

Im not American and I dont have a SSN card.

How could I accept money to my paypal balance ?

Login to Me Too

cupboy
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know how to start a new topic on this site, or do we just reply to existing topics? Well, anyway, I have used Paypal in the past but now there is some odd Accept The Money button. Exactly what happens when this button is clicked? Any videos, current videos, not from 6 months ago... this new button just appeared in the last few days.

Now I need to attempt to verify that I am not a robot. What is the problem with being a robot?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @cupboy

I can certainly understand your concern. You can find steps to post on the PayPal Community forum here

As far as the concern with the Accept Money button you're referring to, it sounds like you might need to confirm your identity. This is called the Customer Identification Program which is in line with federal regulatory requirements. Generally, once you complete the steps to verify your identity, you will not need to Accept Money going forward. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cupboy
Contributor
Contributor

Confirm Identity is just the way to notify the taxman. I passed on that. I will just withdraw funds in the bank account. That method does not require the taxman notification.  I'm a small-time ebay seller. Just sell stuff I don't want. Don't make any profits, that's for sure.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @

You can find details how we report transactions to the IRS here

I hope this information helps clear up any concerns. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.