cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATM Withdrawls - No Fee (ANSWERED)

New Community Member

ATM Withdrawls - No Fee (ANSWERED)

Money Pass ATM machines have no fee to withdrawal using your PayPal debit card. MoneyPass ATM locator: https://www.moneypass.com/ PayPal Services and Fees: https://www.paypal.com/us/myaccount/bundle/fees I was looking to see if there were any and kept finding old archives that just said all ATM's will result in a fee. Thought I'd start this post to hopefully help others find this answer quickly that is current.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: ATM Withdrawls - No Fee (ANSWERED)

Sadly, it appears that this only applies to the prepaid cash card, not the debit card that is attached to your PayPal account. They are two different cards.  I recently tried to use my PP debit card at a MoneyPass ATM just to check and had I gone through with the transaction, it would have cost me $3.00.

Contributor

Well Thanks so much for helping us and letting us know that. 😊👍
Contributor

This is not the case - I very often use MoneyPass ATM's for withdrawing cash from my PayPal account with the PayPal debit MasterCard, as the MoneyPass ATM's are located in every 7-11 store as far as I am aware, and 7-11 is seemingly everywhere so it is very convenient. I have done this probably 10-20 times personally all within the past year and there has NEVER been a fee. You will likely get a warning that there MAY be a of $3.00, but this only applies to cards that are not on the MoneyPass network. Just look at the back of the PayPal debit Mastercard - it has the MoneyPass logo printed directly on the card, which designates that the card / account works with the MoneyPass network, which means fees are waived. Again, the machine is likely very simple and just defaults to telling everyone there may be a $3.00 fee, but that's not the case I can promise you. 

New Community Member

Not true. I live in one of the largest cities and we dont have 7 11s. I have a PayPal business debit and go to moneypass atms and always get charged a fee. Usbank use to be free but not anymore
New Community Member

So, I just received my PayPal Business Debit...it says it was issued by Bancorp Bank. So, I went to their ATM locator: https://thebancorp.mybankingservices.com/atm-locator/

What is interesting is that some are listed as "surcharge free" and some are not. At some point, I will give it a try if I need to get cash, and then I will know. But when I looked online, it said that PayPal would charge me $1.50 to use the ATM. At least if Bancorp does not charge a fee, it cuts the fee in half. I will probably only do this if I'm strapped for cash because otherwise I would rather wait a day and get my money sent to my bank for free.

My PayPal card does NOT have the MoneyPass logo on it.

Hope this helps someone!

Contributor

I haven't found an ATM that won't charge you a fee either, I haven't tried moneypass though, however mine does not have a moneypass logo or even mention of them on the back of my card.  I'm going to try my bank and them ask them to refund the fee if I get charged one, worth a try.  Funny thing, I used to work for PayPal you would think an former employee would get some kind of break haha!