ATM Withdrawls - No Fee (ANSWERED)

9FGP
New Community Member

Money Pass ATM machines have no fee to withdrawal using your PayPal debit card. MoneyPass ATM locator: https://www.moneypass.com/ PayPal Services and Fees: https://www.paypal.com/us/myaccount/bundle/fees I was looking to see if there were any and kept finding old archives that just said all ATM's will result in a fee. Thought I'd start this post to hopefully help others find this answer quickly that is current.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Pluto57
New Community Member

Sadly, it appears that this only applies to the prepaid cash card, not the debit card that is attached to your PayPal account. They are two different cards.  I recently tried to use my PP debit card at a MoneyPass ATM just to check and had I gone through with the transaction, it would have cost me $3.00.

Login to Me Too

ChicaBriseno
Contributor
Contributor
Well Thanks so much for helping us and letting us know that. 😊👍
Login to Me Too

Upgrades
Contributor
Contributor

This is not the case - I very often use MoneyPass ATM's for withdrawing cash from my PayPal account with the PayPal debit MasterCard, as the MoneyPass ATM's are located in every 7-11 store as far as I am aware, and 7-11 is seemingly everywhere so it is very convenient. I have done this probably 10-20 times personally all within the past year and there has NEVER been a fee. You will likely get a warning that there MAY be a of $3.00, but this only applies to cards that are not on the MoneyPass network. Just look at the back of the PayPal debit Mastercard - it has the MoneyPass logo printed directly on the card, which designates that the card / account works with the MoneyPass network, which means fees are waived. Again, the machine is likely very simple and just defaults to telling everyone there may be a $3.00 fee, but that's not the case I can promise you. 

Login to Me Too

Hunt3r122
New Community Member
Not true. I live in one of the largest cities and we dont have 7 11s. I have a PayPal business debit and go to moneypass atms and always get charged a fee. Usbank use to be free but not anymore
Login to Me Too

JungleJan
New Community Member

So, I just received my PayPal Business Debit...it says it was issued by Bancorp Bank. So, I went to their ATM locator: https://thebancorp.mybankingservices.com/atm-locator/

What is interesting is that some are listed as "surcharge free" and some are not. At some point, I will give it a try if I need to get cash, and then I will know. But when I looked online, it said that PayPal would charge me $1.50 to use the ATM. At least if Bancorp does not charge a fee, it cuts the fee in half. I will probably only do this if I'm strapped for cash because otherwise I would rather wait a day and get my money sent to my bank for free.

My PayPal card does NOT have the MoneyPass logo on it.

Hope this helps someone!

Login to Me Too

edwarddlh9
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't found an ATM that won't charge you a fee either, I haven't tried moneypass though, however mine does not have a moneypass logo or even mention of them on the back of my card.  I'm going to try my bank and them ask them to refund the fee if I get charged one, worth a try.  Funny thing, I used to work for PayPal you would think an former employee would get some kind of break haha!

Login to Me Too

Gr8ketch
Contributor
Contributor
I live in the PN on the West Coast and we no longer have the 7-11 Moneypass ATMs in our stores. They have all been replaced with new privately owned machines that are not compatible with the Moneypass logo. In the Seattle area, it's still much easier to access funds through Moneypass than those Allpoint Plus machines. Access seems vary regionally. Cards free of monthly fees while providing Moneypass ATMs, and early access pay schedule is a tall order. Allpoint claims to have the most ATMs, but they don't offer convenient community banks as a source like Moneypass. It would make a lot more sense if they would just merge as one network. I have the PayPal prepaid MasterCard debit cash card and there's a lot of confusion out there about which card has the logos on the back. The prepaid cash debit MasterCard does and as much as I hate monthly fees, I'll pay the minimal $5 to avoid network charges at $6 per transaction. By the way, my prepaid card HAS the Moneypass logo on it. It's the cards with PayPal's cash app that don't, as they aren't debit cash cards, but cards for online purchases that aren't needed due to the ease of just linking almost any card to your account. Cards through Bancorp are the best I have had and I'm glad PayPal uses them.
Login to Me Too

porcupine73
Contributor
Contributor

In cardholder settings, I clicked 'see cardholder agreement'. Then I searched for ATM. I have the PayPal Business debit card, and at least for that style card, it shows no free ATM's at all. In fact at this time, it shows a $1.50 PayPal fee per use, plus any fees charged by the ATM operator. I find that kind of odd since most debit cards are members of some ATM network that has at least some free ATM's. Or at least they don't charge you a fee on top of the ATM operator's fee. Since I have other debit cards that I can use ATM's free at, I'll be using this PayPal debit card only as a backup.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221118H
New Community Member

Yea, I've actually been calling into PayPal prepaid Mastercard to ask what ATM's/ATM network was being used for feeless transactions. Dumb **bleep** over the phone each time tell me its the ALLPOINT atm network which is at RiteAid. The Atm there proceeded to try to charge me over $3 bucks!! I was like oh HELL NO! LOL.

Google gave me the correct information of MoneyPass Network ATM's. Which is available at mid-hudson valley federal credit union in my area! 🙂 or 7-11 gas stations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.