APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE

BIGLIMEY
Contributor
Contributor

CUSTOMER SERVICE/MESSAGING JUST SENDS YOU ROUND IN CIRCLES.THE SERVICE IS APPALLING. THEY STILL HAVE MY MONEY EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID THEY WILL RELEASE IT. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK TO ANYONE .....ANY IDEAS???

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Dawnie227
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having a problem with them since the middle of August. They won't actually help, but keep repeating the same information through their messaging system that I've already received. Now, they've closed my account instead of helping me resolve the issue. I just tried to talk to someone about it, and they hung up on me. I wasn't even rude first. I was just explaining the problem. The only other thing I can think to do is use social media and tag them. Maybe if enough people do that, they'll finally help the clients instead of going round and round.

Login to Me Too

BIGLIMEY
Contributor
Contributor

It's utterly staggering that this company treats its customers with such disdain.Using the COVID crisis as an excuse for its feeble communications and customer service is pathetic.There is simply no reason for someone not being available to talk with since they are working from home.They've clearly decided its provides them an opportunity in which to control/ignore their customers ( much like Uber ). I hope, once COVID has been beaten, they and other tech companies don't continue this manner of unacceptably poor communication and service. Somehow I think they will.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BIGLIMEY 

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BIGLIMEY
Contributor
Contributor

This reply merely illustrates how muddled, random and poor the communication and service is between PayPal and their customers. Moreover does the author think I'm unaware of those supposed means of (poor) communication? It's a mess...and there's simply no reason whatsoever for this to be the state of affairs from such a large high profile company...other than they've actively decided to operate in this confused and shoddy manner. In fairness, they're not the only large company to use COVID as an excuse for an alarming decline in their  customer support but nobody and I mean nobody, is as bad as PayPal .  Amazon, which has by far the best customer service in any business still manages to provide excellent support and service even with their reps working from home, so why not PayPal? It's poor and it's unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BIGLIMEY 

I just gave up my time to give you all the contact options available, so ....your welcome.

Whether you get through or not is not my problem is it, all I can do is give you those options as there are no more. 

The fact its so hard to get through to c.s. is why I give up my time to post as much help on here as possible.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dawnie227
Contributor
Contributor

@BIGLIMEY 

Exactly! We shouldn't have to spend hours on the phone or at the computer trying to get someone to understand and FIX the problems PayPal created. It makes it seem as if there's nobody actually in charge, just a bunch of worker bees with a manual on how to respond to various queries. I am so sick of the repeated platitudes of "I'm so sorry you're experiencing this" and "I understand how you can feel frustrated." That doesn't help anyone. I keep being told my problem is being escalated so that it can be addressed by a supervisor. The last time I was told that, I logged in the next day and my account was closed. I just can't anymore. Their going to get away with keeping my money and they've created an inane system in which the client has absolutely no recourse. 

Login to Me Too

Dawnie227
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I've used the phone and I've used their messaging service. I've received responses. However, their level of customer service and their ability to help resolve problems is ridiculously awful. Thank you for offering other means of contact. I will utilize those. Yet, if one can't get decent service using their listed methods of communication, I have to predict that using facebook and twitter in order to communicate with the company won't be much better. Honestly, a client/customer shouldn't have to exhaust all methods of communication on social media just to receive help. Thank you, again, for offering up the other methods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.