72 hours or 3 working days?? Bank withdrawal

Rarmstrong88
Contributor
Contributor
Hello can anyone reassure me. I transferred some money (£614) from my paypal account into my UK bank account yesterday and got the message that it will take up to 72 hours to process. However when I clicked on the transaction activity it said 0-3 working days, which would be disasterous for me as i need the money for christmas!! I phoned last night and was told its 72 hours and that the money will be in my bank sunday afternoon. However I was still worried so i phoned again today and the lady said yes definitely 72 hours , not working days, and said money will definitely be in my bank sunday. But looking at posts on here has made me worried as I see some people havent had their money paid in within that time frame because some of it was over a weekend. What to believe? Should i be worried? What have other UK paypal customers experienced?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

StudioCL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

See my thread, I'm still waiting since the 1st of December, large amount of money the same as you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rarmstrong88

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StudioCL

You are in the U.S i presume and are talking about a glitch that is affecting the faster payment service to debit cards in the U.S.

OP is in the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StudioCL
Contributor
Contributor

No, I'm in the Uk, it has now taken 21 days (Faster Transfer Payment issue on the 1st of December.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.