50/5000 How long will I be recognized as a "new seller"?

patchionltd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I just switched from sole trader to LTD. Just opened a new PayPal account. Each of the transaction has "on hold" status. Additionally, I receive this message every time someone pays me. 

We've placed the money on hold because we've noticed that you're a new PayPal seller and will need time to build a positive selling history. There's no need for you to do anything. As long as no claims are raised by the buyer or any issues arise with your account, the money will be automatically released in 21 days.

The question is: How long will I be the "new seller"? Weeks, or months? How long does it take to build a positive history?  It is a bit annoying to have funds blocked :(. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

I cannot guarantee the fund's availability holds will be removed after this point. The average timeframe these holds are in place for is 90 days before a review on the PayPal account is completed. If you are providing tracking information for the items you have sold, the funds can be released into your available balance once delivery is confirmed. 

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi patchionltd, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

There is no specific timeframe that the holds will be in place on your account. It will depend on the amount you sell, feedback received and your dispute rate. If you sell a lot throughout the month and receive little to no disputes on the items you have sold, it will work in your favour in order to remove the holds on your PayPal account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

patchionltd
Contributor
Contributor

I will have about 5000 GBP of the incoming transaction during the first month. A number of transactions about 200. No disputes. Is that enough? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

I cannot guarantee the fund's availability holds will be removed after this point. The average timeframe these holds are in place for is 90 days before a review on the PayPal account is completed. If you are providing tracking information for the items you have sold, the funds can be released into your available balance once delivery is confirmed. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.