21 days on hold period

maja90
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I received funds on January 10th, and then again on January 21st. I had "on hold" period of 21 days, and it expired yesterday, on January 31st (From January 10th until January 31st) and I still don't have access to funds so I can withdraw them. I want to mention, I am not buyer or seller on Ebay, I just received funds for doing some work online as a freelance artist.

Does anyone knows why is that?

Thank you very much for help.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Sriraj

Hi @maja90

I can understand having a payment on hold isn't an ideal experience. PayPal is essentially a platform for buyers and sellers to send & receive money. Whether you are selling an item or a service, PayPal will treat you as a seller. 

All commercial payments that you receive can be subject to hold. Please read the information from the following link to know more about how you can have your payments released faster:

https://www.paypal.com/ba/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-payment-be-available-for-21-days-fa...

I hope it helps.

Sriraj

Login to Me Too

maja90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @PayPal_Sriraj 

I've read the text on link you've sent, but it's not very helpful since I'm not a seller or a buyer and I on hold period has expired but my funds still are not released! On hold period has expired on January 31st and I should be able to have access to my money, but I don't have it. How can I have access to my money? It's urgent and "ON HOLD" period has expired!

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

As a layman I’d say have the customer confirm in writing that you finished the job. That’s proof of delivery!  

If you or the customer aren’t in the USA, then funds might be held longer for authenticity. 

Login to Me Too

maja90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Dell14z 

My funds are on hold because I haven't used my account for a while. That on hold period expired on January 31st. I still don't have access to my funds. I received that money for some freelance work I did, not for selling anything. Client is from US, and I am not. This really makes me mad because on hold period has expired and I still can't get my money!

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You sold your services
Login to Me Too

maja90
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received valid answer from tech support, I have to wait 30 days to have access to my funds, because of my country and their agreement. We'll see if this is valid answer when I get to the 30th day of on hold period.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.