2 hour withdrawals gone ..........now taking 24hrs ??

disco-stu
Contributor
Contributor

My last 4 withdrawal request are saying 24hrs , i`ve been getting 2hour withdrawals for the last year with no problems ? anyone else having the same ?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

PayPal_Conor

Hi Cojcars,

Welcome to our community.

Oh no!

Do you mean that your withdrawal is being held for a short review like this? http://ow.ly/RwWJ5

If so, this type of review will take no longer than 72 hours and should only happen occasionally. It's just one of the ways we keep the PayPal environment safe, you see.

Can I ask if those funds have cleared for you now?

Conor

Login to Me Too

TCG77
Contributor
Contributor
I don't like the sound of all this. I see posts from people saying they've been told 72 hours for withdrawals - yet the email confirmation I received stated 24. I'm waiting for £600 that I would have thought I could withdraw to a personal account immediately. I've never really used Paypal like this before, and if everything I'm reading here is true, I won't use them again either! I was called by some guy from Dublin, soon after I made the withdrawal, apparently to verify the transaction. With that being done, he told me it would be in my account within 15 mins. "OK, fair enough" I thought... It didn't turn up. Left it until the following day (today) and called their service line, who stated that their current clearing process takes 21 hours (?) so it would be GUARANTEED to reach my account by 5pm today. I'll wait and see, but with everything I've read about PayPal this morning, it all sounds a bit dodgy...
Login to Me Too

TCG77
Contributor
Contributor
OK, fair's fair. Seems my fears were misplaced, as the transfer has just appeared as promised (or rather 'guaranteed'!) It does seem odd that funds being transferred to a verified account should 'disappear' at all though, but... hay-ho. I'm happy enough to have been proven wrong.
Login to Me Too

Tbonemendez
I took some money out last week it went in instantly but tryed it this week its been 2 days and nothing and I'm still waiting.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

Withdrawals can take anywhere between 2-72 hours to complete.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Kathrynmeakin1
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Usually it's been instant but lately it's seems to be taking forever. Same as eBay refunds. EBay issued a refund which passed through PayPal to go to my bank but I'm still waiting and don't know how much longer as eBay and PayPal state only 2 hours but it's clearly not. Quick enough to take the money which is instant but not so quick giving it back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.