unnecessary local currency swap

shomije
Contributor
Contributor

I see that paypal mentions my local currency when I try to add funds. Namely I deposited EUR to my EUR account and I want them transferred to Paypal (also EUR) account without anybody ripping me off trough currency swap. I ALSO expect when I have positive paypal balance that I can transfer it to my EUR bank account without being ripped of for unnecessary currency swap to my local currency (which happened last 2 times I withdrew funds from my paypal balance.) Why paypal does not transfer EUR to EUR but makes exchange to HRK and then to EUR again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

meklare
New Community Member

I have the similar issue. My card is in USD. I bought a product in USD for $75, but Paypal charged me $6,5 USD more because it made a double conversion from USD to GBP and then back to USD. I haven't authorized that. However, I can't open the page with managing of my automated payments to unselect such conversion. It simply doesn't let me access that page. I see an error page. If this is the new normal, I have to cancel all my future PayPal transactions and select either a card, or another intermediary... Strange situation. Also couldn't find an option to contact PayPal. Their options of disputes didn't include the issue with PayPal itself (not with merchant, as they are alright). Need help how to remove that unauthorized conversions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.