transfer money

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

I hate it.  paypal keeps changing things. 

I have been using paypal since about 2003.  I use it for my online business.

Tonight I went to summary and it looked different. It said I had money and to claim it.  I thought it meant that someone had paid and it was pending.  I tried to put it in my paypal account.  That wasn't an option, unless I had a "cash account" whatever that is.    is this something new?

So instead I transferred to my checking what I thought was a transaction payment which turned out to be my complete account amount...NOOOOOO!

now I can't find anywhere how to transfer the money back.  there are no buttons, nothing. there used to be a screen to do this.  there used to be a screen on summary that showed how much money I had in my account.  where has all this gone?

How do I transfer money from my checking account to my paypal account?

Is a cash account different than a regular paypal account that I have been using all these years?

Please help! 

I'm kind of in a panic because I will need this money for shipping.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

none of those articles said how to start a cash account, just what to do with it once there was cash in the account.

A simple answer, which I did this morning, is to have someone send you a dollar, and then open the account.

But there is nowhere to open a cash account without first having that cash pending.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bookbinder 

Well as you said there were funds 'pending' then that was the same as someone 'sending you' the dollar to open the cash account.

But sorry to have responded and tried to help you !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bookbinder
Contributor
Contributor

my main original question was how to start a cash account with no funds pending, because I had ignorantly transferred my complete account balance to my checking account. 

If a person who has an existing paypal account wanted to start a cash account with no money in it, how would they do start a cash account?

"Funds pending" used to mean that the person who sent the money was not verified and I had to ok the acceptance of their money BEFORE it actually transferred to my account.  Had to do it many times.

So, yes, I finally figured it out on my own.  Too bad there is nothing from the paypal website to answer my particular question. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.