transfer from Swedbank bank accout to paypal

griffin42
New Community Member

Hi how do I send money to my paypal account from my Swedbank account? replies in English please

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @griffin42,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

You can transfer money to your PayPal account from your bank account. We recommend that you add your bank account to your PayPal account before you transfer money to ensure that the transaction goes smoothly.

Here's how to add your bank account to your PayPal account if you haven't done this already:

1. Click Wallet.
  2. Click Link bank account.
  3. Please enter your bank's name and select account type.
  4. Enter your full account number. 
    • A PlusGiro consists of 2-8 digits, a bank transfer of 7-8 digits long and an ordinary bank account is made up of 7-14 digits (sort code and account number).
      • A sort code must contain 4 digits.
        • For Swedbank accounts with 5 digits in the sort code: Please remove the last digit of the sort code (e.g.: 1234-5, delete the number 5).
        • For Swedbank accounts that begin with 8xxx: add zeros between the sort code and account number to total 14 digits.
        • For personal accounts with Nordea: Use sort code 3300. Contact your bank's customer service if you are unsure of your sort code.
    • Please enter only numbers in your account number.
    • Please enter no symbols or spaces.
  5. Please check your information and click Link Bank.

Here's how to add money to your account:

1. Click Wallet.
  2. Click PayPal Balance and Transfer Money.
  3. Click Add Money to balance.
  4. Make a note of our bankgiro details and you transaction code.
  5. Log in to your internet bank and start a transfer to our bankgiro. You enter the transaction code in the OCR/message field.

The money will appear on your PayPal account within within 3 business days. We will send you an email when the transaction to your PayPal account has been made. We don't charge any fees for transactions from your bank account though your bank may charge you a transfer fee.

If you need to make a payment in another currency then SEK, then you can use the Currency calculator to calculate the amount you need to top up with.

You check the current rate by:

1. Click on Wallet.
  2. Click on PayPal balance.
  3. Click on Currency calculator.
  4. Choose the currency you want to exchange from and to.
  5. Enter the amount in the from-field with the format x,xx and click to the side.
  6. Click on Done when you have the rate.

Remember!

• Your bank account and PayPal account must be registered within the same country.
  • The name on your bank account must match the name on your PayPal account.
  • You can only top up your PayPal account directly from your bank account. It is not possible to use any transfer services or machines.
  • You must have a sufficient balance on your bank account to cover the transaction to your PayPal account.
  • To cover the cost of returned withdrawals, PayPal will charge a fee of 28,00 SEK. The fee will be debited from your balance when the transfer fails.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.