releasing my funds

fuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have received money from a buyer and I have done everything that Im  suppose to do.  I shipped the item, put a tracking and the item has been delivered now more than 24 hours and Paypal is still holding my money.  I called several times and they say they are going to release funds by the end of day but by that time its almost 36 hours.  How is this fair?  Paypal is not even following there own rules.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fuff 

They hold the funds and you ''may'' get them released earlier if you provide tracking from one of there supported carriers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have.  It went by USPS and it was delivered 2/6/2020 at 12:20pm.  They keep saying its going to release today but its 7:08pm 2/7/2020 and I still have not seen it released.  They say that if by chance it does not release by 12 midnight I can call tomorrow and then they can release since it will be 2 days but I should not have to be doing this.  I have already done my part of this transaction and Paypal has not done theirs . I told them If I dont get it by tonight like they said and if I have to call tomorrow and get my money released, Im putting a complaint with the BBB and the state attorneys generals office in California and North Carolina where I live.  This borders on theft.

Login to Me Too

Jusjess
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same exact problem. Was even told the buyer would get an email that would allow him to confirm receipt himself, in addition to PayPal having the tracking confirmation of delivery, and he got no such email. I filed a BBB complaint and am considering legal recourse. Hope we get our money before our phone is turned off, but somehow I doubt it. PayPal should include themselves on the list of potential scams. Ridiculous!!
Login to Me Too

misslucybear
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happening to me - told it would be released by 9.02 pm and I am about to get evicted!  Did you even get your money yet?  I am about to lose my mind here!

Login to Me Too

Jusjess
Contributor
Contributor
I followed all their rules and was told funds hold would be released within 1 day of delivery (USPS) which didn’t happen. Scammers and thieves.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.