receiving money

milenbojinov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community!

i've rceived money from a friend abroad( Outside USA and my self also non USA location) system is prompting me to aceept money. the problem is that I can not neither link a bank/card not open PP cash account which are both options available to United states only look like....

I do have VISA associated which funds my purchases trough Paypal but system said it's not eligible to receive the money.... Should I refund money to my friend and look for other than PayPal way to transfer it? I hope someone has a clue how to proceed..

By the way not sure it's relevant but my VISA is from bank outside USA but registered with US based phisical direction since that was the way to make it work years ago when i registered at Paypal...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milenbojinov 

If you are not in the U.S then you should not be using a U.S paypal account.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.