how to see a running balance

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

I have searched community boards and looks like any work arounds to see a running balance were OK many years ago - is there a way to see / show running balances as of April 2020?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

I am answering my own question - It took 4-5 messages saying the same thing over and over again until someone at pay pal help / chat understood what I meant by running balance... they kept telling me how to run specialized reports, but none of their suggestions resulted in a running balance.  Here, finally, is what they admitted : "I apologize but we don't have an option to see the running balance. What we can provide is just a statements that shows each transaction."

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @greenhodges 

I understand how important to check the running balance so we will have a visibility on how our money was spent accordingly.

Please see steps below (I am not sure if you have already done this) but this should show your running balance.

1. Click Activity.
  2. Click the Statements, and then Custom.
  3. Under Activity download, on the transaction type drop down menu, select 'balance affecting', set the date range and statement format.
  4. Click Create Report.

We'll email you when the report is ready to download on that the same page within 48 hours.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen and tried these steps a number of times.... they do NOT show a running balance.  The tabs across the top of each column are as follows :

Date Description Status Currency Gross Fee Net..... the final column to the far right "NET" shows how much the individual transaction "netted" the user, but it does add or subtract previous transactions to show a "running total".  

This is the same response I have received a number of times from Pay Pal chat employees - I would like for someone at pay pal to do these steps, and copy / paste a report that shows a "running balance".... as I believe it cannot currently be done.

Login to Me Too

OogieM
Contributor
Contributor

That DOES NOT WORK!

We used to be able to get a running balance view in teTthe his si really mission critical and yes I have a business account where it's suppose dto be available but still not working!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.