cannot add Credit Mutuel Visa debit card to my French Paypal account

maisondeschats
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will not accept my new Credit Mutuel Vis debit card.  My old card (registered with PayPal) is about to expire.  The new card is functioning correctly on other sites.  When I get to the validation by Visa page I get a message on the screen in French, quoting some law .  Sorry I cannot type the message without trying again to link my card.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi maisondeschats

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

maisondeschats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I do not use Facebook or Twitter.  Before I contacted the Community I tried telephoning the PayPal number given me when I logged into my account & but it was no help because the operators use the French language.  Although I live in France I am English speaking.  I would like to speak/chat online to another English speaking person.  When I tried to add my debit card I made perhaps a half dozen attempts.  For some reason either PayPal or my computer had filled in the lines for my card number, security code etc. with my email address & password.  This meant that I had to change the security code number more than 3 times.  The PayPal online instructions for registering a card say that when this happens the card is blocked & that one must contact them by telephone, which is what I did, but I could not understand a word!  I have contacted my bank & they say that there has not been any request by PayPal for a payment (e.g. 1$) and the problem lies with PayPal not them.  I have since my problem with the French debit card successfully registered a Mastercard from an English bank but this is only a temporary measure.  Can you give me a telephone number to speak to an English speaking person?  Your help much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.