Why is Paypal the worst company ever?

steelandstone
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously any other normal company would be out of business by now if they treated their customers like paypal does.  I'm not going into my situation with my money on hold, but I will say that I hope paypal goes bankrupt.  What a bunch of horrible people working in a horrible company.  They probably all talk and laugh at all the frustrated customers who call in.   Paypal has a 1.4 star rating with [Removed. Phone #s not permitted].  Who do they think they are the IRS?    

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steelandstone 

You mean the same hold every single seller worldwide has gone through?

Most of whom accept it as they understand it allows paypal to offer buyer protection and protect itself from bad sellers at the same time?

If so then............

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

And for the sake of the 350 million happy users using paypal worldwide, many who rely on it to be able to sell then I hope it does not go bankrupt because a few folks hold grievances.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steelandstone 

You mean the same hold every single seller worldwide has gone through?

Most of whom accept it as they understand it allows paypal to offer buyer protection and protect itself from bad sellers at the same time?

If so then............

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

And for the sake of the 350 million happy users using paypal worldwide, many who rely on it to be able to sell then I hope it does not go bankrupt because a few folks hold grievances.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Amazoman
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the OP. Yes there may be 350 million people who are happy but Pay Pal do not react when there is a blatantly obvious scam. WHY! are they protecting the scammers. If you get sent a small packet of fishing hooks when you have ordered a coffee machine what is there left to debate or look into. In the end I had to contact the fraud department of my credit card company. One phone call money refunded. I would advise all reading this to sack Pay Pal and simply pay on their credit card , immediate protection.

Login to Me Too

steelandstone
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

No.  I mean the hold on one of my accounts verses the another paypal account I have with a different business that has never had a 21 day hold.  Regardless, when you jump through all the hoops to get a hold removed and then they still don't remove it, only an idiot would be ok with that.  

You must work for paypal, thanks for the link that Kunjar has sent me in the message center 3 times already.   Maybe you can send me to a "department" in paypal where the phone line gives you a stupid generic message then hangs up on you.

Do "most of whom" accept that as normal customer service????  

If you accept this 21 day hold of your money, and horrible customer service, you are a perfect paypal customer.    Clearly you've been enjoying that kool aid.   

Login to Me Too

UnicrnsNBtlstrz
New Community Member
Agree with OP, there aren't 350 million happy users...There are users that had no other method of payment processing other than the monopoly known as PayPal. Thankfully those 350 million customers is about to take a nose dive with eBay processing it's own payments. The hold on funds is fine, when it's through eBay to verify delivery of a product. However, to have an additional hold after the transaction has finalized implemented by PayPal is pure BS. eBay has their own fraud protection measures as does specific card services. In fact, the PayPal fraud protection does absolutely nothing for either party! I filled a claim against a chinese company for sending me a product that wasn't what I ordered, and then demanded I pay the return shipping in order to get a refund, return shipping with tracking and signature service at that. Needles to say I had to take the case to my card service. There is ZERO protection from fraud at PayPal, just a straight scam and means of skimming your money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.