Why does Paypal keep holding every single one of my funds.

annabahmeti
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I really am interested to know why every single payment I've received from Depop buyers (£400) worth of money, has been held for the past few weeks. I have provided shipping information for all items and most have been delivered with £70 in held funds remaining till they have been delivered. However, even though I have provided shipping info for every single purchase, had almost every one of them delivered (so far) , had many sales so I'm not considered a new or infrequent seller, and have no claims or disputes held against me, they are still holding funds! Why is this happening? 80% of my sales are held which makes hell for shipping costs!!! I hope someone can help explain or resolve this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annabahmeti 

They don't say specifically except that they "will continually reassess your account to determine if your funds may be made available immediately."

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

No offense intended but if you're complaining now about doing what you're supposed to be doing as a seller perhaps its not a good idea that PayPal releases you from the regimen or at least you're not ready for it. The purpose is to help you develop best selling practices to avoid problems and potential loss. Have the funding available to cover shipping expenses. Can't run your business smoothly on payment by payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annabahmeti 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

You have to build your account up. It's not there yet to the point PayPal can release you from the hold regimen. Even if they did, could still put a hold on any transaction for the applicable reasons found in the link above.

Have to roll with the punches.

Login to Me Too

annabahmeti
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it usually take to build up a good history?
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@annabahmeti 

They don't say specifically except that they "will continually reassess your account to determine if your funds may be made available immediately."

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

No offense intended but if you're complaining now about doing what you're supposed to be doing as a seller perhaps its not a good idea that PayPal releases you from the regimen or at least you're not ready for it. The purpose is to help you develop best selling practices to avoid problems and potential loss. Have the funding available to cover shipping expenses. Can't run your business smoothly on payment by payment.

Login to Me Too

annabahmeti
Contributor
Contributor
Hope you know that I'm not a business woman but a private seller who mainly thrift/ . I have shipping costs on items for a reason... can you guess? To be able to ship them! I have been selling on Depop for over a year and only recently have they started holding my funds like crazy. Not sure if you actually read my post or skimmed through but it's pretty clear I don't sell payment to payment as I have funds to be able to ship out items which you can tell as I said I have sent them out and most had been delivered so far (except for the most recent ones!) However, it's irritating when I have to wait to get my money slowly trickling in day by day instead of instantly as it used to be.
Login to Me Too

temp20200518
Contributor
Contributor
PP is illegally withholding your money. Contact your State Attorney General with a formal complaint for investigation. PP cares only for the $$$$ as a organ of eBay (same company)
Login to Me Too

Rockerman007
New Community Member

The reason paypal holds your money for 21 days is so that they can 21 days of interest in their bank account generated from your funds.   Pay Pal have already charged you a hefty processing fee and now for the next 21 days they earn interest from your funds because its sitting their holding account. I consider these kinds of profiteering practices to be very slimy.

Login to Me Too

temp20200518
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is ILLEGALLY WITHHOLDING SELLER FUNDS in violation of Law! Also known as Republicanism, ie RICO RACKETEERING AND PREDATORY CAPITALISM Write your State Attorney General!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.