Why a hold on my funds being transferred to my bank account?

JWool18
Contributor
Contributor

I current received two payments in the form of a eCheck. These payments took 6 business days to clear the "buyers" bank account. As PayPal explains "An eCheck is an electronic funds transfer from one bank account to customer's PayPal  account. The payment will show pending until the eCheck clears the "buyers" bank. I received the funds and now would assume these funds are good and the money can be transferred to my bank account.

When I went to transfer the funds to my bank account PayPal notifies me the funds being transferred (that I just received in the form of a eCheck) have been placed under further review to make sure the money is secure. That the hold will last 72 hours. ???? Didn't PayPal just spend 6 days reviewing the funds in the form of a eCheck to verify the funds are secure? Now I have to wait additional 3 days to receive my funds to be reviewed when we have already establish the funds are secure?

And why is it every time I call the help center they can never find the transactions and always ask for the amounts when they should be sitting right in front of their face with my account information pulled up and never have a solid explanation as to why the hold was placed.  

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JWool18

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JWool18
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the U.S. and every other time I have transferred funds to my bank its been the same day. But thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JWool18

ok, same info different country if you like.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-bank-transfer-pending-faq2990?app=searchAutoCo...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PopsicleLover
Contributor
Contributor
Obviously people don't know they're being scammed by PayPal by "Holding funds" they do this to take advantage to steal money while you try to do some **bleep**ing "Verification". They have been scamming the past 3 years, and there's many proof of it. PayPal is being sued by millions of people, so I prefer you guys to use someone else than this useless PayPal Junk.!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PopsicleLover

So why do you still have and use a paypal account then?

Do you want the link to close it?

Paypal holds are normally for new sellers until they build up a good reputation and helps protect buyers.

However for withdrawals its normally instant but you get the odd 'random' security check.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PopsicleLover
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sure you didn't know PayPal had a few scaming history so I'm sure it wouln't be worth for people to waste their time dealing with these "security checks". Also I'm 100% sure PayPal uses that money to promote their business and hide the charges of scamming. 😊🙏
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PopsicleLover

If thats what you think then I am amazed you still have an ongoing Paypal account and use their services.

I certainly don't keep accounts going with companies that I don't like.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-close-my-paypal-account-faq1215?app=searchAutoC...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.