Where did my money transfer go?

Tyrion101
Contributor
Contributor

I have $11.99 that is just missing. The last place it was was was in my PayPal account. It was supposed to go to my bank. I called my bank, and they had no word of it arriving. This is over a month ago. What happened to my $11.99? It's supposedly in my bank account according to my PayPal records, but it isn't. It never arrived. I've tried to talk to anyone at customer service, and just get robots. The one person I did talk to just put a watch on my account for 24 hours, and promised to get back to me if anything happened. Never heard back from them again.  I've never had money go missing from PayPal before and don't know what to do since I can't get a hold of living people that actually seem to care one way or the other what happened to my funds.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tyrion101 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie missing payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tyrion101 

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie missing payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tyrion101
Contributor
Contributor

If that were the case, wouldn't the $11.99 have gone part of the way towards whatever was bought? For instance, if the price of said item were $24.99, it should have only cost $13. However there is no record anywhere of any such thing happening. There is $11.99 difference in price on anything. This money is missing. This is not the answer. What can I do to actually get people to help me track down this money?  Repeat: There is no record of it after it went through PayPal. It's gone. The math does not add up.  I'm sorry, but this is not my answer, if this is all I get, I may stop doing my business with your company.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tyrion101 

Well whether you use Paypal or not in the future doesn't bother me one bit as I have NOTHING to do with Paypal.

This is a ''user to user'' COMMUNITY advice forum and I am a user on here the same as you.

I can give further advice but it seems you don't appreciate it from me so i suggest you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ester999
Contributor
Contributor

Did u solved this? I have the same problem! Customer servic elevel zero, im really angry!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.