What's up with the change in backup payment methods?

nilknarf78
Contributor
Contributor

Just got an email saying PayPal is dropping my backup funding method in a week. A little more warning would've been nice! But, more importantly, how the #@$% do they expect me to use my account when they're drop the ONLY backup funding method I have attached to it? They only way I can use this account is with the PayPal Smart Connect account linked to it, as the bank account linked to it (which they won't let me remove) is no longer active.

If they were looking for a way to lose my business after nearly 20 years, this would do it. They'll also be losing the account they inherited when they bought Bill Me Later (which their policies have prevented me from linking to my original PayPal account, even though they repeatedly stated I could).

Guess I'll have to go back to the old days on my eBay account to accept and make payments. And, it's not really that big a deal to switch the one autopayment to a different account. It's really a shame too, as I was just starting to look forward to the fact that the US Mint recently started accepting PayPal, and I do a lot of business with them and the PayPal account would make it more convenient.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.