Transferring Pay Pal Balance to Bank Account/Debit Card

SecretMachine
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've recently sold some items on ebay and have some money in my Pay Pal account.

I wish to transfer this money back into my main bank account.

However, my main bank account is my debit card. If that makes sense?

For some reason, I cannot find the option to set my bank account as the details for my debit card.

Sorry for the silly question, but I'm quite confused.

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

ahsan_amit
New Community Member

thanks a lot

Login to Me Too

ahsan_amit
New Community Member

that really helped

Login to Me Too

Reodora
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I was wondering how the money is supposed to show on the bank statement. Is it supposed to show 'paypal' in it?

Login to Me Too

xxnikkixx
Contributor
Contributor

no hun paypal will deposit two small amounts into ypur account if you have on line banking just check for to small deposits then and only then  you can finish seting it up    IE 0.13 0.09

Login to Me Too

angiem-13
Contributor
Contributor
I kno wot u mean I'm in same position the card is not fild under banks its filed under debit/credit card and wont let u add on to banks becos its on credit cards ,so u cant get to chose that account for money withdrawels its so stupid cos there Neva a problem wen they use that account to withdraw money no ci Onfirming asked for anyway wot happens if u need the money rite now and cant wait 2-3days of crse im assuming every one like me I sell on ebay bcos I need money n cant wait till pAy pal does transfers on acc my account is more than verified after the hundreds of ££ I spent ova Xmas n paid thro paypal
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525P
Contributor
Contributor
I hear and feel you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there SecretMachine,

Not a silly question at all!

You cannot withdraw funds directly to a card even if it is a debit card. You need to add an actual bank account to allow you to withdraw these funds.

Here’s how to add a bank account to your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money.’
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Bank accounts’ and then click ‘Add.’
  5. Enter the requested information and then click ‘Add Bank Account.’

Once added, click on 'Withdraw' at the top of the page and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jothebakerpaul
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT USE PAYPAL. YOU WONT GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE **bleep** ARE THESE SECURITY CHECKS THEY KEEP DOING? JUST AN EXCUSE TO HOLD OR STEAL YOUR MONEY FOR A WEEK OR SO. AS FOR BEING POLITE THEY CAN GET STUFFED AND I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT ALONG WITH 14 OF MY FRIENDS. I DONT THINK THIS IS LEGAL****************************************************************************************************************************

Login to Me Too

Megcia
I completely agree with you! I have all this money in my PayPal account and I can't even touch it! PayPal customer service tells me the same thing over and over, that it's for security purposes, seriously??? I haven't been able to send money in 5 days because I keep getting declined. WORST COMPANY EVER AND I REGRET EVER SIGNING UP!!!
Login to Me Too

Kanoelfabrics
New Community Member

I find it weird that I can send money from my credit card without my bank account details but I cannot add funds to my cards from my paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.