Transfer of funds on hold for 24 hours??

Big_Deddie
New Community Member

I have really just started using PayPal. I transferred funds the first day with no problems at all. The next day, I attempted to transfer funds to my bank card (just like the day before), of a lesser amount, and now it is on hold for 24 hours???

Why???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If your account is new or the activity usage has changed, sometimes transactions can be held for review before being released.  PayPal won't specify the criteria they look for but, just a guess - if the system sees a regular pattern of transfers, things seem to go smoothly however, if there's no activity for a while and then there's several transactions, one may see a hold from time to time.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If your account is new or the activity usage has changed, sometimes transactions can be held for review before being released.  PayPal won't specify the criteria they look for but, just a guess - if the system sees a regular pattern of transfers, things seem to go smoothly however, if there's no activity for a while and then there's several transactions, one may see a hold from time to time.

Login to Me Too

ekaquinn
New Community Member
But why is it that its been on hold for more than 24 hours
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.