Transfer from Bank - Received by Paypal - Not credited to My Account

trufflehunt
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday, I went into my bank app and did a Faster Payment to my Paypal account.

The money left my bank account.

Usually, I would very quickly receive confirmation from Payal of receiving money.

Nothing.

I checked my Paypal account. Nothing received.

Over 2 hours later, I phoned my bank.

They confirmed that the transfer had been executed.

The bank did a trace, and confirmed that the money had been received at the Paypal bank account.

The bank said I would need to contact Paypal to answer why my Paypal account has not been credited.

As it was a Sunday, Paypal was uncontactable.

I phoned Paypal this morning.

The conversation went in circles.  As the payment wasn't showing on my account as a transaction, he said

there was nothing he could do.  He couldn't/wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor, or anyone else who could address the problem.

He said it might take 7 or 10 days for the money to come through. I replied that the bank had stated clearly that Paypal

had received the money, and that anyway the whole point of the BACS Faster Payment system is that bank transfers are done

usually in seconds, and within 2 hours at most.

As I said, the conversation went in unhelpful circles.

What do I do now ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

RockVII
Contributor
Contributor

A lot of us are in the same position.

My call to PP resulted in them speaking to a supervisor who confirmed there is an escalating issue as he had back to back calls with the same problem and that it is now their top priority.

Timeframe wise he said that there was a similar issue last month that took 3-4 days to correct.

Login to Me Too

trufflehunt
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I have just spoken with my bank, who have advised me to leave it for a day or two, to see if the problem sorts

itself out.

Must say though, the unhelpful attitude of the Paypal so-called customer service person just about stunned me.

Login to Me Too

mattthedon76
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue and pretty shocked by it all. Transferred money Sunday and nothing, bank has confirmed PayPal has it. Shouldn’t take this long to resolve!!
Login to Me Too

RockVII
Contributor
Contributor

Just a heads up, my balance has finally updated and the issue looks to be resolved.

Login to Me Too

trufflehunt
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, mine has also just been credited.

Thanks for the heads up, and replies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.