The amount you entered would exceed your transfer limit. Please enter a lower amount.

dreemurr
New Community Member

Whenever I try to transfer funds from my account to my bank, I get that message. I don't have a negative balance, and even entering a lesser amount than what I have available gives me the same error. I transferred funds a few days ago with no issues.

If it's of any use, it's a low amount of money. The one that let me go through was $12 dollars I think, and this one is $5 dollars. I tried to convert it to my currency (MXN) to see if that would change things, but still the same error.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreemurr 

I would suggest leaving the account alone for a few days and try withdraw again. PayPal's internal security system was probably triggered so give it time to reset, especially if you keep repeating the same action to withdraw and failing so the system spits out error messages and bugs out to protect itself.

If the problem persists after that, contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreemurr 

Is your PayPal account verified so that sending, receiving, and withdraw limits are lifted? Unverified accounts have certain amount limits they can't exceed until verified by linking bank and/or credit card.

Login to Me Too

dreemurr
New Community Member

Yes, it's verified, and has been for a while now.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dreemurr 

I would suggest leaving the account alone for a few days and try withdraw again. PayPal's internal security system was probably triggered so give it time to reset, especially if you keep repeating the same action to withdraw and failing so the system spits out error messages and bugs out to protect itself.

If the problem persists after that, contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

NoemiHU
Contributor
Contributor

Found the solution! The whole situation is misleading... You'd think you're all set when you provide a debit card and you are able to send/receive money, BUT NO. There is no obvious spot anywhere that would signal you need to do it, but in order to lift the resctrictions on transfer you need to verify your debit card! So you go to 'Wallet', select your card and there you'll see the link where you will be setting a small amount of charge on the card along which they send a pin code. That code can be then used for the verification process. So when officially you may read that for lifting restrictions your Account should be verified, it actually is your Debit card they mean... Hope this helps someone! I was going mad about this and still don't know the exact limit...

I was able to transfer GBP 900 as single instance, but not more, and not more within like 7 days. Anyhow, after verifying my debit card with that pin code process I could send my remainder balance right away to my bank. Regards,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.